Literature Circle Job Descriptions for Blog Posts

Students are wrapping up the year by reading a book in a group with four of their peers.  After each day’s reading, students in the group must complete a job on their blogs.  Each student received a paper outlining these roles, but in case they misplaced or forgot it:

Group Leader: Develop three open-ended discussion questions about today’s reading and post them on your blog.  Each of the other group members should respond to the post with their answers/thoughts on the questions.  Ex: What was going through your head when…? How did you react when…? Etc.

Summarizer:  Write a three sentence summary of the day’s reading and post onto your blog.  For bonus points, other group members can comment with an important detail that was left out.

Literary Device Locator: List 3 examples of simile, metaphor, personification, alliteration, onomatopoeia, idiom, etc. from the days reading on your blog.  For bonus points, other group members can comment with another that wasn’t included on your list that jumped out to them.

Connector: Post to your blog three connections between the day’s reading and other books/articles we’ve read this year or to quotes or warm-ups that we have talked about, or to something that has happened to you or your friends outside of school or on a tv show or in a movie you’ve seen.  For bonus points, other group members could each comment with one connection of their own.

Word Wizard: Choose three challenging words from this days reading selection and post them on your blog along with their definitions and parts of speech.   Other group members should comment with a sentence for each word.

Once their job is done, they must also comment on the group leaders blog answering the three questions there, and they must also write a sentence for each of the three words on the Word Wizard’s blog.

One thought on “Literature Circle Job Descriptions for Blog Posts

1. Hello Miss Hill my group has not finished everything for the posts for the first day Aidan and Parker has not done their posts yet but me, Kalina, and Erika have done our posts but no one has yet to answer my questions because I am the group leader and Aidan is the word wizard and he hasn’t done it so I can do the sentences for his words.