Posting Guidelines

All posts in response to student blogs must meet the following criteria to be published:

1.  The message must be complimentary (pointing out the good) and must be specifically related to the student’s post:

• “Your blog is boring.”  Would not be approved because it is not complimentary.
    • “Your blog is awesome!” Would not be approved because it is not specifically about the student’s post where the response was being left posted.
    • “Your self- portrait poem reveals a lot about you.  I’m glad I learned that you are into horse-back riding.  I am too.”  Would be approved because it is complimentary AND it is specifically about the post on the student’s blog.

2.  The message must be typed properly:  Use complete sentences, start with a capital and end with punctuation.  Use proper spelling and grammar to the best of your ability.  This includes using a capital letter I when referring to yourself!

• “YOUR BLOG IS AWESOME!”  Would not be published because it is not specific enough and it does not show proper use of capitalization
    • “your self-portrait poem reveals a lot about you i’m glad i learned that you’re into horse back riding ‘cuz I am too”  Would not be published because it does not use proper end punctuation nor capitalization.  Also “‘cuz” is not proper English- because should be fully typed out.
    • “Your self- portrait poem reveals a lot about you.  I’m glad I learned that your into horse-back riding.  I am too.”  Would be approved because it is complimentary AND it is specifically about the post on the student’s blog and even though the student uses the wrong “your” they used proper spelling and grammar to the best of their ability.  They would probably see a comment from me explaining which “you’re” would have been proper in the sentence.  🙂